Thursday, June 29, 2017

Week 73

June 26, 2017

"The gift of the Holy Ghost operates equally with men, women, and even little children. It is within this wondrous gift and power that the spiritual remedy to any problem can be found." -Boyd K Packer

Hey Y'all! 
This week was wonderful! We have had a crazy one that's for sure. 

So remember our adorable Spanish twins? We had a miracle this week! Their mom has been relatively unsupportive in their coming to church and meeting with us, and last week, she called and said, "Are you still going to that church?" They said, "Yes." And she told them, "Well, do whatever makes you happy." 
So they accepted a baptismal date of July 22nd!!!! They are so excited because their birthday is that week! What a great present :) 
We also taught them the word of wisdom and they immediately accepted it and want to live it! Ah they are so amazing! 
We finally got a picture!


 They are literally adorable. 
They also came to church for the 4th time this week! They love the gospel and are beginning to understand it. 

Also this week we were able to meet with a less active who we are beginning to visit with pretty regularly. She has been doing AA and really loves it, and a few weeks ago she started step 3 which is trusting in God. She told us she had been pondering on this and heard a knock on the door- and there we were! Ever since then she has been coming to church and making progress. We love her, she is so much fun and she has been through a lot in her life. She gave us some hats that she made! So we had to take pictures haha 


 She is so great! 

Also I got to spend the day with another sister missionary while our companions went off to celebrate their halfway marks- pretty exciting- and we found some great people to teach! We had fun together and took a selfie. 



Sister Pennock!

Also since this week was transfers, our awesome district leader is going home and we got some great District pictures. The AP's showed up for district meeting and we all went to the best pizza place in the world- Satchels! 



Here's our district plus the Zone Leaders and Assistants to the President



Our 12 person table at Satchels! (I'm smiling in the other picture but not everyone was in it)

Then we had a great transfer dinner with our lovely senior couple, The Bookers! We love them so much. 




I'm just front and center all the dadgum time. I don't know why. 

So transfers is this week, and I am staying here in the Gainesville YSA! My companion Sister Ridenour is getting transferred to Mandarin and I am getting a new companion for my last 6 weeks! I can't believe it's my final transfer, but I'm glad to stay here where I love everyone and know the people :) 

Wish me luck, I know this next transfer is going to be a good one and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! 
Love y'all! 

Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment