Thursday, July 6, 2017

Week 74

July 3, 2017

"Missionary service is not easy, but it is infinitely worth it. Those who serve and return home with honor have established a pattern of living and serving that will bless their own lives and the lives of generations to follow." -M. Russell Ballard

Wow this week was awesome! 

So I said goodbye to my dear Sister Ridenour and much of our beginning of the week consisted of saying goodbye to people with her. Everyone will miss her! 
We were able to take a picture with one of our amazing investigators who is praying about baptism right now. We love her! 


 Then we went to transfers on Wednesday and the craziest thing happened! 
So this transfer, my trainee's trainee is training, which makes me a great-grandma on the mission!!! And lucky for us, we got a posterity picture! 



Sister Arns, my great granddaughter, Sister Winona, my granddaughter, Sister Harris my child and me! 

I just was lucky to have awesome posterity :)

Then I got my new companion, Sister Stailey! She is so great and we have been having so much fun together. Also, the quad lives on and we still spend a lot of time with our great STL's, Sister Heller and now Sister Heiner. 

So this week was 4th of July weekend and EVERYONE IS GONE. I couldn't believe how empty campus and all the apartments were. It was crazy! #collegetowns
So on Friday we were looking for service opportunities and we went everywhere looking and calling people. Then we got a call from the Salvation Army. They told us we were sent from God because they couldn't find any volunteers and they really needed some to help feed people dinner! We were able to go and help out and it was so amazing. We fed homeless people and it was really rewarding and fun. The lady who works there was also really interested in the church and she told us a lot about her life and how she has been searching for the truth for a long time. I invited her to meet with the missionaries and she said she would think about it and let us know next time! It was so great, I love doing the Lord's work. 




It was a good time. 

Then on Saturday we got to spend some time with the STLs again and we took another selfie at Tropical Smoothie. We needed a milkshake moment, but Sister Stailey and I are trying to eat really healthy so we got smoothies instead haha 


Those selfie skills. 

Then yesterday we were knocking and I caught a baby skink! It was awesome! It's kind of like a lizard mixed with a snake. Normally they are a lot bigger, I caught a big one once before but it almost bit me and I dropped it before I could get a picture. So this one was much better! 



He was such a cute little guy! 

So there's my lizard life for the first time in a while haha 

I am so excited for my last transfer. I have been feeling an urgency in the work more than ever before and I am very motivated to make this last transfer great! I am starting on My Plan this week and I am planning for my future and making goals and I love that stuff! 
I hope all of you have miracles in your life! Keep track of them! God is real! 
Love,

Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment