Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 13

"There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being
themselves. Imagine going through a day being unapologetically you."
-Steve Maraboli

Okay this is going by way too fast! Today is my 3 month anniversary of
being in the field!!! I can't believe it's been that long, it feels
like way less. Time flies when you're teaching, preaching and
baptizing!!! Probably because it's so awesome and exciting.

This week is transfers! And on Saturday we have a mission-wide call to
find out what happens to everyone. This transfer a lot of people got
moved around, but Sister Gibb and I found out we're staying together
another transfer!!!! We are so excited because that means Sister Gibb
gets to be at E's baptism! Also, we have a pretty awesome time
together. This makes me her longest companion!

This week we had so much fun! I got to go be with the sisters in
Fleming Island while Sister Gibb went to the temple, and we had a
great time! They have an investigator who has a restaurant with
Louisiana delicious cooking, and she came up and gave us kisses on our
foreheads, leaving us marked with purple lipstick. It was awesome food
and we had a lesson too :)

 We had tons more adventures of course but that was the only one I took pics of. :)

On Wednesday we had our district meeting and it was one of the Elder's Birthdays so we went out to Birthday Lunch, and our mission president and his wife came! It was awesome. We have an awesome district, and I am so glad that we are ALL STAYING FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER!!!!
That's basically unheard of. We must be doing something right.

Also this week, we went back to the lady we made soap with a couple of weeks ago and all made soap together. It was super fun and at the end, we all sang "I am a child of God" for the lady and she cried and cried. It was awesome and we really felt the spirit. Plus we got some fun pics.
At church this week, we ended up having to find a child's parents and it turns out they had to leave and were coming back to get him. He refused to attend class, so we went to the Bishop for advice. Bishop is the most incredible person and he just has this way of talking to everyone that just makes everyone feel valued and important. This little boy was running around crazy but Bishop held his attention and started chatting with him. This is basically the conversation:
Bishop: "Hello! Do you know who I am?"
Child: "Um, yeah, I think I saw you up on the stage in church."
Bishop: "Yeah, that was me. Do I look good?"
Child: "Yeah. Why do you sit up there? Are you the boss?"
Bishop: "Yep! Hey what color is my skin?"
Child: "Brown."
B: "What color is your skin?"
C: "White."
B: "Does that make us any different?"
C:"No."
B: "Exactly. We are exactly the same. Except I'm the boss." Hahaha :)
Then we took a selfie.
And Brother Carroll joined in. He's my favorite. 

We saw so many miracles this week, and we're so excited because E's baptism is this week!!! She is so ready to be baptized and tells us often that she knows this is the true church of Jesus Christ. We met her on the street because I wanted to pet her dog and now we're here. She told us that this is what she's been looking for all her life. 

I'm so grateful for everything I've been able to do, and it's not even a quarter over yet! I think this is the beginning of a truly amazing mission. I hope I can live up to it. 

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love! 
I Love Being A Missionary!!!!
Love,
Sister Caton
🐊🐊🐊

No comments:

Post a Comment