Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 47

December 26, 2016

"Something wonderful happens in a missionary’s service when he or she
realizes that the calling is not about him or her; rather, it is about
the Lord, His work, and Heavenly Father’s children." - Dale G Renlund

I hope y'all had a very merry Christmas! I definitely did! It was a
wonderful week filled with miracles. We started out the week with
wonderfully cold weather (we wore coats!) and ended it with yesterday
and today being a balmy 85 haha.

On Tuesday we went down to Palatka (a very small country town) and
went to their district meeting which was really fun, and had a
tradeoff with Sister Heiner and Sister Kirkham. It was my first
tradeoff staying in my own area which was fun but challenging since
I've only been here for a few weeks but we figured it out. We ended up
finding a super nice man who just moved here last Thursday! He was
interested and so we set up to come back in January when the holidays
are over.

On Thursday sister Colson and I were knocking and found a super
amazing less active man named Juan and his family! His wife isn't a
member and he loves the church and wants to come back, and we are
going to try and teach his wife!
I took a selfie with Sister Colson by the greenery on someone's
doorstep. You wouldn't think it was December here in Florida!



On Christmas Eve, we couldn't go out and actively proselyte so we got to go be with members all day which was fun! We got to try to make a candy called Divinity. Lets just say we failed miserably but it was really fun haha and we got to know our sweet member better. She is one of the only older people in the branch. It was like spending Christmas eve with a grandma :)

Then we opened all our presents on Christmas Eve and it was so great! We love love loved all of our presents! I got some piano books, gift cards and more! I even got a fun present from my ward which was a super great surprise!

Then on Christmas, the same rules apply and we ended up getting invited to come to the mission home for breakfast! We had so much fun and I got to see Sister Harris and Sister Gibb!!!!


This is probably the last time I will see Sister Gibb as a missionary but its okay.

She is awesome. Also it was so great to see Sister Harris! She is doing super well and I just love her. I miss Mandarin but it was fun to see everyone, especially President and Sister Lee.






Also here's us singing Christmas carols together and laughing :)

 Then yesterday I also got to call my family! We facetimed and it was so fun to see everyone and talk to them. We had a grand time visiting. I love my family!!!



Keagan was being silly :)

I had a great week and next week it will be January, which is crazy because that means I am coming up on my year mark! Woahhhhh. I cant believe that!!!

I hope y'all have a great week! Have a happy new year!

Love,


Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment