Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 48

January 2, 2017

2 Nephi 4:16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and
my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and
heard.

Happy New Year!
Wow this week was so great, we have been having so many miracles!

So we have been working really hard and not seeing many results from
it but this week we had been knocking on doors when we got a
voicemail, and it was from a number we didn't know. The voicemail
said, "Hi, I was just calling to find out when church was and where it
was at. Thank you."

So we call him back and it was a man who was moving here from Texas
and he told us that he had been planning on going to a baptist church
but his friend gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to come to our
church. He also got our phone number from them and said he just felt
like he really wanted to learn more. He asked us where he should start
reading the Book of Mormon (of course I responded from the beginning)
and just when we thought he was done talking to us, I asked him "So,
as missionaries, we teach a set of lessons about what our church is
all about and the Book of Mormon, and we could come to your house and
teach you." He said,

"Oh that would be wonderful! Thank you! We would love that!"
Then he told us how he was really looking for a church to raise his
family in and he felt like this might be the place. He has a wife and
daughter, and they want to come closer to God together.
I just about cried and told him, "Sir, I promise you that this is what
you have been looking for." And he said, "Thank you, I sure hope so!"
It was so amazing! He said they are planning on coming to church this
week!!! So exciting!!!!



I love Sister Colson, we have so much fun together!

This week I also got to go on a tradeoff to NORMANDY!!!!
Yes, the place where it all started! I was there with Sister Barton, and she goes home tomorrow so it was neat to hear all of her advice and what she has learned from her mission. She said to me, "Sister Caton, once I learned that my mission was not for the people I was teaching but it was for me to become a disciple of Christ, that is when it all changed for me. The people I taught or baptized would have found the gospel without me, and the people I met could be blessed by someone else but I learned that I came on a mission to become a better person by helping others."
I learned a lot from that, and I want to start applying that to my life.



 She is so great!

Also this week, my lovely BFF and trainer, Sister Gibb, goes home. I am so sad to see her go, but I do know that she has made such a huge difference here in the FJM. I love her and I will miss her so much! Good Luck Gibby!


#throwbacktrainer

But I know shes going to do great things. It is so sad to see the people you love go home but it is okay when you know that they will always be your friend!!!

This weekend we find out what is happening for transfers! That will be exciting :) I hope I get to stay with Sister Colson for one more transfer but she is going home so we will see!

I love y'all! Have a Happy New Year! Keep striving for greatness!
Love

Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment