Monday, June 27, 2016

week 21



"What?!?" -me

Okay so this week was the craziest one of my entire mission!!!
On Tuesday, Sister Smith and I are just driving along and our car
starts making a weird noise. We take it to the dealership after
calling our mission vehicle person and we are told the water pump is
broken (which means it could have overheated and caught on fire) and
we aren't going to get it back for a few days. We hitch a ride home
with our bishops sister in law (who is an inactive member) and we just
get home in time to eat dinner when we receive a phone call from our
Mission President, President Craig.
He tells me that I'm being Emergency Transferred down to Ocala,
Florida for several weeks so that a sister down there can receive
medical treatment in Jacksonville.
I needed to have everything packed and ready to go by 7:00 the next
morning so that I can go to Zone Conference the next day and leave
from there.
I was definitely in shock but I of course said, "I'll be ready, President."
So now we don't only need a ride for Sister Smith and I, but for
everything I own to travel too.
We finally set up a ride for all my stuff and for the Elders to come
pick up my bike.
Wednesday morning, Sister Smith and I took a goodbye selfie



 We drive 3 hours down there and have a lively conversation.
About halfway through the drive I say,
"President, how likely is it that I will ever go back to Normandy?"
He pauses, then says,
"I don't know."
So I'm just assuming I will never be coming back at this point because we're getting a new mission president this week and he would probably just leave me in Ocala.

So we get out and go to Zone Conference with them for the second time and meet my "new" companion Sister Olsen.  Sister Olsen and I were in the MTC together! We have been out the same amount of time and we got along so great.

(Flashback to the MTC)
Also we taught tons of lessons and had so much fun but I felt weird. I definitely felt at peace but I also felt strange there, like something was off. 
Friday night at 10:30 pm (missionary curfew) we get another phone call from President Craig, telling us that the sister that needed medical treatment needed to go home to recover and that I was coming back to Normandy asap. We asked when that was and he said, "sometime in the next few days." 
It wasn't the next few days. 
Saturday at about 1 pm we get a text saying, "We're on our way!"
We call President Craig and he says, "Oh I forgot to tell you, you're getting a ride from the Rails back to Normandy today."
Ahhhh!!!! 
We rush back to our apartment and I pack everything up again! 
We took a selfie in the car


Then I went with the Rails (a senior missionary couple) all the way home to Normandy.



Back home again!!!
Some people didn't even know I was gone. I'm so happy to be home but glad to have gone to Ocala and have met the awesome people there. 
Now Sister Smith and Sister Ohlweiler and I are in a trio for a few days but it's been such a crazy week!!!
I can't believe it happened so fast but I had a good time learning about myself and how it would feel to be transferred, even though I'm already back. 
We get our new Mission President on Wednesday! I'm so excited to meet them.
What an adventure!!!
Love,
Sister Caton


🐊🐊🐊

No comments:

Post a Comment