Monday, February 8, 2016

Week one…Let the fun begin!

Hello!
This week has been crazy awesome and I am so excited to tell you all about it! 
So the MTC was amazing and I really loved my district, but only the sisters from my district are here in Jacksonville. the other elders are in Atlanta Georgia and South Carolina. I miss them, but I know they will be safe doing the Lord's work.

So I have had a great time here in Jacksonville! On Wednesday, I got put with my trainer! Her name is Sister Gibb and she is the best! I love her already! I keep embarrassing myself in front of her though. Within 15 minutes of meeting her, we had lunch and there was a fruit plate next to a container of something. Sister Gibb put some on her plate and said, "Oh wait, I don't think this is fruit dip." and I said, "I think it is!" and I grabbed an apple, dipped it in and shoved it in my mouth. It was Mayonnaise. So.... She thinks I'm crazy I'm certain haha 

We have been tracting, teaching lessons and doing the Lord's work and it has been so much fun. She teaches me so much! 

On Thursday we got to go to a teacher-supply warehouse and volunteer. We got to make die cuts and help people. there is this amazing old Lady there named Caroline who just cracks me up! She wants to call the mission office and tell them that the missionaries represent them well. I just adore her. 

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday it rained pretty much all day and it was very cold! I could not believe it, considering I was all ready for hot weather, but it has been fine. I got a little sick, but I'm already feeling better. 

On Saturday, our investigator Calais was baptized! She is 14 and she is amazing. I am so happy for her! We will start teaching her the new member lessons this week and I am so excited. 

We are teaching a cute little boy named Zayden and I was able to invite him to baptism on Friday night! He is 8 and loves primary. He will be baptized on the 27th! It is so exciting.

I love being a missionary! Every day when I lay down in my bed at night, I say, "This was the Best Day of My Life!" and the craziest part is that I actually mean it!

I love y'all so much!
Love,
Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment