Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 6

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of
man." -Charles Darwin

Hello!
This week was great because we saw tons of miracles! But it was also
kind of crazy because we did all sorts of missionary things and went
to meetings and such.
On Tuesday, we had interviews with the Mission President. It was
awesome because I love President Craig! He is such a good man, and he
is so in tune with the spirit. He always helps with everything! During
that time we also got trainings from Sister Craig and she is the best.
On Wednesday, I went on my first trade-off! A trade-off is when you
trade companions and get more work done in a certain area. I was with
Sister Miller for a few hours and we had so much fun! We contacted
referrals and got some ice cream. 



 Then on Thursday, we had a 24 hour trade off with the Sister Training Leaders! I was companions with Sister MacGregor, and she is from Australia! We had a great time teaching and finding people. We also helped a lady who needed service by helping her make soap! She sells it to make a living, and was having a hard time getting it made. We helped her for several hours and I had the time of my life! Who knew making soap could be so fun?
Here's some pictures! Sister MacGregor is the one with the black wavy hair.

 We got to take home some soap so that was fun!







Then we worked really hard for the rest of the week. We had an awesome lesson with our young investigator Kanoderick. We taught him the Word of Wisdom this week and he committed to it with no problems at all! He loves church and we know he's going to be a solid member who will endure to the end!

I had to speak in church this week, and I spoke on the Atonement and Moroni 4. It was fine, I thought. I prayed that I would be able to touch just one person at least, so that I wouldn't be wasting his time. It was pretty cool because a girl came up to me and told me that my talk made her cry and that it was everything she needed to hear! I love being a missionary. It was weird though because I had to speak with one of our Elders, Elder Perez. We had to sit next to each other on the stand and everything. It was awkward because- gross! Elders!
Just kidding, the Elders are awesome.

Then, the crowning moment of the week was last night, when as we were sitting in our car just about to go into our apartment, something caught my eye up on the fence by our car. It was an Opossum!!! It was so ugly and weird. I tried to take a picture, but I ended up taking a time lapse on accident, so here's the best pic we have:
It was insane! Nobody ever told me possums were so ugly! Haha
Well I hope you have a possum free week! I love you!
Love,
Sister Caton

No comments:

Post a Comment