Saturday, March 4, 2017

Week 55

February 20, 2017

"The only real control in life is Self-Control." -Jeffrey R Holland

Wow this week was awesome!
First of all, Sister Tullis and I are staying together for another
transfer! I am excited because we love each other a lot. We are going
to have so much fun!

Also, I'm going to be a grandma! My trainee, Sister Harris, is
training a new missionary straight out of the MTC this transfer! I
love her and I'm so proud of the great missionary she has become.

This week was fun, we went to the fort in St Augustine last p day and
we had such a great time! A super awesome member family that Sister
Tullis knew in Palatka came up and took us and the St Augustine
sisters.














Also, we had some really great experiences teaching and finding this week, we went to MLC and learned a lot and got to go out and apply it! We have a great new investigator who is super committed, and he really wants to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true! He was our miracle this week! We have another appointment with him tonight and we are excited to find out if he read it!

This Sunday, our Stake patriarch came and spoke to us and he said some amazing things. He told this great story about a farmer on the east coast who really needed a hired hand. He went to try to hire someone, and met this small man and he asked him what he could do. The man said, "I can do anything, and I can sleep when the wind blows."
The farmer was confused by that but hired him. The little man worked hard and earned his keep. But one night, there was a storm coming and the wind was howling. The farmer jumped out of bed and grabbed his lantern and ran out to the barn. He shook the hired hand awake and shouted, "Hurry! We need to get the farm ready!" And the hired hand rolled over in his bed and said, "I told you. I can sleep when the wind blows."
The farmer just about fired him on the spot, but decided to run out and fix the farm up himself. To his surprise, he found the hay covered in tarpaulins, the stock all safe in the barn, and everything securely tied down. The farmer then realized what the man meant when he said he could sleep when the wind blows. When we are prepared, we don't have to worry about the storms of life. I want to be able to sleep when the wind blows!

Well, I hope y'all have a great week!
Love,
Sister Caton



P.s. I just had to include a lizard picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment