Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Adventure Begins

"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an Adventure." -William Feather

Hello! My name is Kelsey and in 4 days, I will be embarking on the biggest adventure I have ever undertaken. I will be serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Florida Jacksonville Mission for a period of 18 months.

I am pretty excited! Sorry if you didn't know that I was leaving on a mission, I just really didn't want this to be about me, I wanted it to be about God.

I will be keeping up this blog so that if any of my friends or family wants to know how I'm doing they can just pop over and check this out!

Just as a quick explanation: The title of my blog is a shoutout to my favorite band, Coldplay. Their new album "A Head Full of Dreams" has a lovely new single called "Adventure of a Lifetime." and I have always loved adventure. I like to think of this as an 18-month adventure where I get to find out who I really am, and who I want to become. I think this will be uplifting as well as just generally fantastic.

Well, I hope my mother will be able to figure out how to use this blog, so if that doesn't work out, this may be the only post. But we'll see, she's pretty amazing.

See you in 18!
Sincerely,
Kelsey
(soon to be known as Sister Caton)

No comments:

Post a Comment